Atlantic Westchester, Inc is a commercial HVAC/R service business located in Westchester County NY. We are a union affiliated company that provides the highest quality of service in the Metro NY area, specializing in proactive maintenance, remediation, and installation services. At Atlantic Westchester we provide our clients with intelligent, energy-efficient solutions resulting in optimal building performance, increased comfort, and low operating costs. We are seeking qualified personnel to join our team of skilled technicians.
SCOPE: This is a skilled mechanical and electrical position, performing maintenance, installation, diagnosis and repair of air conditioning, heating, ventilating, refrigeration systems for commercial and industrial applications. Systems can range in size from small self-contained package units to large tonnage built up systems including pneumatic/DDC controls and related system components including, pumps, steam/hot water boilers, chillers and interconnecting piping.
- Must be able to communicate, understand and carry out general oral and written instructions whether working with others or alone on a service call.
- Must be able to work safely with hazardous chemicals and requires moderate physical exertion.
- Outdoor working conditions and exposure to changing environmental conditions.
- Must have basic computer skills and be able to write a concise field report.
- High School graduate or other equivalent.
- 5 or more years field experience.
- Universal EPA certification.
- Valid driver’s license (without restrictions).
- Pre-employment background check.
- Knowledge of air conditioning, heating, ventilation systems, refrigeration, controls, and equipment.
- Knowledge of refrigeration cycle, refrigerants, refrigerant safety including applications, methods, and tools used in installing, recovery, operating, maintaining, and repairing refrigeration systems.
- Knowledge of electricity and circuitry as used in air conditioning systems and controls. Safe practices of working with and testing electrical systems.
- Knowledge of air distribution systems, including testing and balancing.
- Knowledge of hydronic systems, components, and flow characteristics.
- Knowledge of gas combustion, boiler operation (steam and hot water)
- Ability to use and care for tools that measure and test equipment.
- Soldering and brazing techniques and safety procedures.
Position includes company vehicle, phone, tool allowance, competitive pay, union benefits, industry training and a great team environment.
If interested, send your resume to Nicole McGrath at Nicole@AtlanticWestchester.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity PolicyAtlantic Westchester is and will continue to be an equal opportunity employer. Employment is based on personal capabilities and qualifications without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, familial status, military status, domestic violence victim status, predisposing genetic characteristics, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
The policy of equal employment opportunity applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to, recruitment, hiring, compensation, benefits, and terminations.
We encourage employees who have questions about this policy to contact the President.
Atlantic Westchester complies with federal and state equal employment opportunity laws and strives to keep the workplace free from all forms of discriminator and harassment, including sexual harassment.
Employees who feel that they have been subjected to prohibited discrimination or harassment should immediately report the incident to the President or the Finance Supervisor. Complaints are investigated promptly and handled in a confidential manner. Atlantic Westchester will not tolerate any acts of harassment, discrimination, or retaliation.
Any employee who violates this policy will be subject to immediate disciplinary action, including possible termination of employment.